Monday, October 11, 2010

Updates:Madison Bumgarner

Updates:Madison Bumgarner:Brooks Conrad can only hope for the opportunity to redeem himself.Atlanta manager Bobby Cox Conrad bench for game  4 of the NL division series against San Francisco on Monday night, a day after his three errors at second base left the Braves on the brink of playoff elimination.

Cox said the 30-year-old rookie “should receive from him during the day.”

Cox and Conrad each said they did not sleep after three glaring miscues helped the Giants beat the Braves 3-2 Sunday to take a 2-1 lead in the best of five series.

Conrad took batting practice, sent grounders to second base and tried to keep a positive outlook on Monday.

“I feel as good as I can, given the consequences,” he said. “I do not know if I did not sleep on it. I did not sleep the whole lot. You know, the sun rose again today, and we are here in the playoffs to play baseball. You can not beat that.”

Conrad said it would be “great” if he had the opportunity to play.

“I want the opportunity to get out there and contribute to the team,” he said. “We’ll see what happens. Skip told me to stay ready there on the bench.”

Starting from the traumas of others, Conrad made eight errors in his last seven games. He said that he did not ask to be removed from the lineup Cox.

“He just called me there and said we’re going to give you a day,” said Conrad. “I said:” OK. “We sat and talked a bit and had a good conversation. … He’s always behind you, and that’s what he told me. It really feels good to have as a manager that was left behind after you things which have been going on. ”

Even in San Francisco, Pat Burrell appealed to Conrad during batting practice.
ad_icon

Conrad Burrell called again and said: “Forget about it. Hang in there.”
Listen
Read phonetically

SOURCE
Share/Bookmark .

0 comments: