Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reggaeton star Don Omar working at "Furious" pace (Reuters)

MIAMI (Billboard) - Reggaeton singer Don Omar first got a taste of acting when he landed a small part in the 2009 installment of the "Fast & Furious" film series. Now, having scored a role in the next chapter, he's deep in preparation for the part of Rico Santos, a member of Vin Diesel's posse in the ongoing saga of street racers and drug lords.

"I love it," he says. "I prepare every day for it. I pay for my own acting coach. Now I'm also a drag racer, and I got my license as a drag racing driver. I'm really enjoying everything about this."

But he hasn't left music behind. In addition to releasing a new album, "Don Omar Presents: Meet the Orphans," due in early November on Machete/Universal Music Latino, Omar will have five tracks on the next "Fast & Furious" soundtrack, and he's also collaborating on the score.

On "Meet the Orphans," Omar keeps everything in the family, working with a host of producers, songwriters and artists that he's grouped together under his own El Orfanato Music Group.

"We made this new album, written by myself and the people inside my new company," says Omar, who's signed as an artist to Machete/Universal. "I decided I would begin to produce albums by these artists," he adds. "They're very talented young men. Today I consider myself a music executive, and my business is to make music and make money."

Read more : Reggaeton star Don Omar working at "Furious" pace (Reuters)
Share/Bookmark .

0 comments: